HEADLINE: ANNOYING PALEFACEBAGOFPISS TAKES A PUBLIC SHIT ON VIETNAMESE CULTURE BY USING ANGEL HAIR PASTA IN HER “PHOE” WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY MOCKING “ASIAN” ACCENTS
allow me to share some precious gems from her recipe:
- literally the only ingredients of the soup part are: 1. chicken broth 2. ginger and 3. garlic. THAT’S IT. like. she didn’t even use ANY spices??
- - -??? how do you call this pho if you don’t use pho spices. they are essential. ESSENTIAL. that is what makes it taste and smell like pho. it is 100% necessary, 100% non-negotiable
- "1/2 pound angel hair pasta" i’m too tired for this shit
- basil leaves? you’ve gotta specify thai basil (or la hue) or your white audience is gonna go home and make fucking italian ass basily angel hair pasta spaghetti drowned in chicken broth
- lime zest.. chill rachael
- braised.pork.shoulder. in pho. shredded pork. in pho.
DON’T watch the video if you don’t want to end up throwing your computer in the trash. a selective summary:
- repeatedly butchers the pronunciation of pho, calls it “phoe” at least 6 times, shamelessly
- when she explains what the hot sauce is she puts on a mocking asian accent and says “SRIRACHAAA” WITH THAT BUCKTEETH FUCKING CHINAMAN THING PPL DO
- "Trust me, if you’ve never tried it, it’s so easy to make a big beautiful bowl of PHOE. And it’d be so much fun for your kids or your friends. You can entertain with it. I like to put chopsticks in it and serve it with a slurpy soup spoon along side."
- —no. it shouldn’t be easy unless you’ve been making it for a long time. it should NOT be easy if you’re someone that CANT EVEN PRONOUNCE THE NAME OF THE THING YOU’RE MAKING ON NATIONAL TELEVISION.
- —even for my MOM, MY VIETNAMESE MOTHER BORN AND RAISED IN VIETNAM, it’s still a whole lot of work!!! i have been studying and practicing making it for years now and it still takes me DAYS to make. D A Y S
- —“I like to put chopsticks in it” oh do you? that’s just your preference? weird coincidence. huh
- —slurpy spoon
- —“You can entertain with it” “it’d be so much fun for your kids or your friends.” LISTEN WHITEY. YOU DON’T JUST GO AROUND BRINGING HOME PARTS OF OTHER PPL’S CULTURES TO ENTERTAIN YOUR BRAT CHILDREN AND UGLYPALE FRIENDS WITH. OOOOO THE ORIENT. HOW FASCINATING. LOOK AT THIS WEIRD SHIT THOSE CHINKS EAT HAHAHA WOW SO WEIRD SO ORIENTAL
(thanks to @sweetheartpleasestay for tipping us off on this)
LMAO I CAN’T